Q. Can you do probate yourself if you have foreign property included in the estate?

A. Yes, there is no reason why you shouldn’t do probate yourself even if there is foreign property involved. You will need to obtain a foreign grant of probate to deal with the overseas property and you will probably need to instruct a foreign lawyer to handle this for you. You can use the DIY Probate Pack to obtain the Grant of Probate in England and Wales.